I love picking up bits and pieces from other ministries on support raising. Over the years I’ve done my fair share of digging from various viewpoints – nonprofits, ministries, and other missions sending organizations.
Thus, here’s a list of 15 inspiring blogs and websites that cover a wide variety of subject matter on ministry partnership development.
- Cadre 31 Classes: Cadre31 is a company who specializes in telling your story via video. They have a tab on their website dedicated to education on creating your own videos, watch and learn!
- Anything from Support Raising Solutions, but I particularly love this one tackling the fear of being a beggar.
- This testimony from some workers that I coach remains one of my absolute favorites over the years. I love what God does to meet us when we move in faith, prayer, and fasting.
- TedTalk by Jia Jiang on facing rejection. The possibility of rejection and/or facing it is hard – this video on the subject is incredibly inspiring and entertaining.
- Video from Global Frontier Missions on Unreached People Groups. This video is so helpful if your assignment is to UPGS. Check the links out to other videos from the same organization that tackle other subjects as well. They are awesome!
- Seeing Your Donors As Partners by 101Fundraising maybe one of my favorite blog posts EVER on the subject of financial giving. Get inspired and get perspective.
- This guest post by Pastor Chris (on my blog) reminds us that a season of itineration looks a lot like a season on the ministry field. I highly recommend this to anyone struggling with obstacles and fears in raising their support.
- Thanking Donors on Social Media from The Balance is a great for those looking to make their social media interactions count. It has some fantastic ideas to get the gears going on your own social media strategy.
- This TedTalk from Amanda Palmer on The Art of Asking may be the most helpful TedTalk I’ve ever watched. This is not Christian content by the way, but gives incredible insight.
- Loving all of Scott Morton’s blog, author of the essential book Funding Your Ministry.
- Do you want to become a better public speaker? Are you afraid of public speaking? Here’s a post from RealSimple on conquering your fear.
- Being negative hurts YOU. Are you negative and don’t even know it? Check out this blog post on positive thinking during your season of raising support by Michael Hyatt.
- Are you an introvert? Feeling warn down by all of the awesome but energy draining coffee dates? Check out Support Raising as an Introvert, by the Karani blog.
- Reaching out to millennials can confound as you support raise. Gosh, I’m a millennial and sometimes I have a hard time figuring out what to do. Here’s a great post on the subject.
- Stories are compelling. Here’s a reminder to share that story of a life changed or your own testimony in presentations.
I hope some of these posts help you like they have me. Do you have a favorite blog, post, or website on support raising? Share it in the comments! – JF